Did you know…?
- Buildings use 12.2% of all potable water consumed. This represents 15 trillion gallons of water per year.
- Less than 1% of all freshwater is readily accessible for human use.
- A quarter of all clean water that enters the home is used to flush toilets.
- A ten minute shower uses 50 gallons of water.
- Millions of people in the world live on less than 3 gallons each day. The average American uses about 160 gallons.
- Central Florida could run out of water in less than 5 years.
We fully intend to make Wekiva Island a place to come and learn about the different sustainable / green technologies, find out what is available to us and learn how to implement them in our everyday life.
When you visit, look around for the following fixtures that we are incorporating into our physical plant or ask a member of our staff.
- Rainwater Collection
- Re-used Material
- Solar Hot Water
- Solar Electric
- Low Flow Water Closets
- Dual Flush Water Closets
- Waterless Urinals
- Native Landscaping