Each year, Wekiva Island plays host to the Wekiva Paint Out, where dozens of artists paint for a week in “plein air” – out in the open. Their inspiration? Beautiful Wekiva Island, the Wekiva River and the Wekiwa Springs State park of course.
All proceeds benefit the Wekiva Wilderness Trust and Keep Seminole Beautiful. Both 501(3)c’s.
Thursday – March 7th
- All Day: Artists “paint in” around the bar
- 12pm – 10pm: Open gallery
- 5pm – 9 pm Live music, “Juno Smile” in The Tooting Otter
- 6pm – 8pm Private Wine Tasting for “Wekiva Paint Out Patrons“
Friday – March 8th
- All Day: Artists painting all day around the Island
- 12pm-11pm: Open gallery
- 5pm – 9 pm Live music, “Sean Holcomb” in The Tooting Otter
- 6pm – 8pm: Craft beer tasting with Southern Tier
- Evening Nocturne Painting at the Bar
- 5-9pm: Pasta Bar
Saturday – March 9th
- 10a-4pm: Open gallery of work created throughout the week
- 12-2pm: Quick Draw open event
- 6-10pm: All inclusive GALA dinner with live music, beer/wine and wine tasting event.
Register to participate in Quick Draw, $25/person
Purchase your Gala tickets, $40/person or $70/couple
Sunday – March 10th
Stop by early for the final chance to view and buy work before our artists depart!